Regional HVAC Technician (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
nearly 53 ,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA
will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools
opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d
new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (202 0 ), and Tampa
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley :
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support
our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of
college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college ready
. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that
currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and
universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
The HVAC Technician is responsible for the care and service of
equipment in order to sustain satisfactory operating conditions
through inspection, detection and correction of emerging failures
before they occur or develop into major defects.
100% of the campuses in the RGV region complete the HVAC preventive
maintenance plan and recommend repairs.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance of HVAC
- Inspect HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units,
building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) to evaluate
condition, identify necessary repairs.
- Diagnose the cause of problems and/or failures in heating/air
conditioning/ventilation systems for the purpose of identifying
equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacements.
- Prepare written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs,
etc.) as required.
- Inform management regarding procedures and/or status of work
100% of the HVAC filters in the RGV region are serviced at a
minimum four times a year.
- Responsible for the HVAC air filters replacements.
- Manage a safe inventory for day-to-day operations.
The RGV region achieves a 5% reduction in district kwh usage.
- Reports any deviation from the normal operation of equipment to
- Hands-on investigation on the HVAC units and assuring every
HVAC is following the unoccupied schedule.
3% decrease in the RGV region on the HVAC repair cost of Facilities
Contracted Services Over Prior Year.
- Diagnoses needed repairs to avoid reactive charges.
- Collaborate with management to prevent overcharges and
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improvequickly.
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Troubleshooting and repair knowledge of heating, air
conditioning and ventilation systems in small, medium and large
- Practical knowledge of building automation controls an
- Practical knowledge of start-up and commissioning of building
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Environmental Protection Agency - EPA Universal
- Driver's License
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Self-motivated individual with strong ability to follow
instructions and work alone, as well as work effectively within a
- Ability to display professional company image
- Ability to pass a background check for criminality
- Strong ability to write and read in English language
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 100lbs safely
- Strong ability to operate under severe temperature condition of
120 or more for long periods of time
- Ability to work on weekends, at night, and to work overtime
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging
between $16/hour and $20/hour, commensurate with relevant
qualifications and experience.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Regional HVAC Technician (Immediate Opening), Professions , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!