Bus Monitor - IDEA Quest (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: November 22, 2019
Position at IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that each and every one of our students
graduates from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small
school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12
public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our
students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6
years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2001 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. Under their
continued leadership, today, we serve tens of thousands of students
across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000
students in communities across the country. Be on the lookout for
IDEA schools opening near you in the coming months-our upcoming
schools will be in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New
Orleans, Houston (2020), Midland/Odessa (2021), and Tampa Bay
When you choose to work at IDEA, you aren't just an employee. You
are a part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside
team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are
excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to
make college for all a reality.
To learn a bit more about IDEA, check out
About the Rio Grande Valley
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support
our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of
college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate
college-ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni
that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and
universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
The Bus Monitor will ride buses and help driver ensure safe and
orderly transportation of students with disabilities.
- Lift and carry students with disabilities on and off the bus
according to their individual needs.
- Supervise students as they board and leave bus and cross
- Take children into building and help them find their way.
- Learn and adapt to each student's special medical, physical,
communicative, and emotional needs.
- Manage student behavior and report student discipline problems
to appropriate administrator.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis
regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Become familiar with all routes to and from school campus to be
of assistance to driver.
- Maintain an updated route schedule.
- Supervise use of seat belts, harnesses, or car seats by
- Follow emergency procedures and help driver administer first
aid, if necessary.
- Operate equipment according to established safety
- Follow established procedures and techniques to perform job
duties including lifting, assisting students, etc.
- Become familiar with and follow procedures established by
transportation and special education offices.
- Help driver keep bus clean.
- Work irregular hours as needed.Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and communicate
- Ability to operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment
- Ability to work well with children with disabilitiesWorking
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and
- Moderate lifting and carrying.
- Work outside and inside
- Work around vehicles and machinery with moving parts
- Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures and vehicle
- GED or High School Diploma
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Bus Monitor - IDEA Quest (Immediate Opening), Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!