Farming General labor
Company: The Wonderful Company LLC
Posted on: February 5, 2019
This individual will perform the necessary functions to ensure trees receive scheduled irrigation water and perform general labor.
Here's what you'll do:
- Control over water flow and distribution at all times.
- Adjusts, identifies problems, repairs and does field level maintenance to systems such as sprinkler heads, emitters, gates, valves, pipelines and ditches.
- Performs all required field level service and maintenance on equipment. Includes checking oil, water, fuel, and hydraulic fluid levels; tire conditions and air pressure; inspect for loose fittings, nuts and bolts; cleaning of air and other type filter.
- Operates wheel tractors with various attachments such as disks, mower, float, scraper blade, spreader, sprayer, or furrowing bar.
- Keeps equipment clean and properly maintained for safe operation. In the event of a malfunction, immediately stops equipment and notifies supervisor of problem or unsafe condition.
- To understand and follow Supervisor's directions and meet standards set for each of the jobs that may be assigned.
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner. Required to wear all safety gear assigned and asks for instructions when unfamiliar or lacking knowledge of proper safety procedures.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Must have one year or more experience in operating equipment such as: tractor, sprayer, hedger, etc.
- Furrow irrigation knowledge preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Be in sufficiently good physical condition.
- Be able to lift weights up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis and up to 100 pounds on occasion.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program - $1,000 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plans, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: The Wonderful Company LLC, Edinburg , Farming General labor, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!