Company: DHR Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
TRANSPLANT HEPATOLOGIST OPPORTUNITY
DHR Health entered the organ transplant field in 2017 after
receiving federal approval from UNOS to launch the adult kidney
transplant program. Since then, the transplant volume has
skyrocketed, and outcomes have remained above the national average.
DHR Health is now establishing a liver transplant program with some
of the nation's best in the field. DHR Health Transplant Institute
has a rare opportunity for a successful candidate to gain
invaluable experience through hands-on participation in the
development of the liver transplant program, including patient
selection, QAPI, and strategic and research initiatives. The
successful candidate will also provide quality patient care and be
actively involved in teaching and mentoring medical students,
residents, fellows, and Transplant Staff.
We are seeking a Board Certified Transplant Hepatologist with
completion of a 12-consecutive-month formal Transplant Hepatology
Fellowship with specialized training in transplantation under the
direct supervision of a qualified liver transplant physician and in
conjunction with a liver transplant surgeon at a liver transplant
program. The training must have included at least 3 months of
clinical transplant service. The remaining time must have consisted
transplant-related experience, such as experience in a tissue
1) Board Certified MD or DO in Transplant Hepatology -Current Board
Certification in Gastroenterology or Transplant Hepatology of added
qualification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
2) Transplant Hepatology Fellowship- Completion of a formal
12-consecutive month Transplant Hepatology Fellowship
- Under the direct supervision of a qualified liver transplant
physician and in conjunction with a liver transplant surgeon at a
liver transplant program.
- The training must have included at least 3 months of clinical
- The remaining time must have consisted of transplant-related
experience, such as experience in a tissue typing laboratory, on
another solid organ transplant service, or conducting basic or
clinical transplant research.
- During the fellowship period, the physician was directly
involved in the primary care of 30 or more newly transplanted liver
recipients, and continued to follow these recipients for a minimum
of 3 months from the time of transplant.
- The physician has maintained a current working knowledge of
liver transplantation, defined as direct involvement in liver
transplant patient care within the last 2 years. This includes
management of patients with end stage liver disease, acute liver
failure, the selection of appropriate recipients for
transplantation, donor selection, histocompatibility and tissue
typing, immediate post-operative patient care, the use of
immunosuppressive therapy including side effects of the drugs and
complications of immunosuppression, differential diagnosis of liver
allograft dysfunction, histologic interpretation of allograft
biopsies, interpretation of ancillary tests for liver dysfunction,
and the long term outpatient care.
- The physician must have observed at least 3 liver procurements.
The physician must have observed the evaluation, donation process,
and management of these donors.
- The physician must have observed at least 3 liver
3) Continuing Education-Earn a minimum of 8 hours of credit in
transplant-related educational activities from the Accreditation
Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACGME) Category I
Continuing Medical Education (CME) within the most recent 3-year
- One of the largest physician owned hospitals in the
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology
- 530 Bed Hospital
- DHR Health is an ACGME- accredited Sponsoring
- Seven Residency Programs (ACGME approved)
- One Fellowship Program (ACGME approved)
- Opportunities for faculty appointment, teaching, and
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Located along the U.S. Southern Border (southernmost
- Warm climate and sub-tropical weather with more than 250 days
- 70 miles west of the shores of South Padre Island
- Excellent public and private schools from elementary to high
- Low cost of living
- Conserved Texas wildlife and habitat
- Migratory birds and sea turtles
- Tort Reform-Texas has the second lowest malpractice payment
rate in the U.S.
- No state income tax
- Lots of shopping and Premium Outlets
- Low crime rate
Keywords: DHR Health, Edinburg , Hepatology Physician, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!