Patient Access Rep
Company: Driscoll Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Where compassion meets innovation and technology and our
employees are family.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Please review the
job information below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; employees
will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned
by the immediate supervisor and/or hospital administration as
The above statements should be included on all job
List the job's essential or most important functions and
responsibilities. Include all important aspects of the jobwhether
performed daily, weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur
at irregular intervals. Standard functions listed below should be
included on all job descriptions.
- Maintains utmost level of confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates business practices and personal actions that are
ethical and adhere to corporate compliance and integrity
- Adheres and complies with customer service standards and dress
code as set forth by the hospital and the department.
Customer Service Duties
- Answers the department telephone immediately or within three
rings utilizing courtesy and patience
- Listens to customer needs and takes appropriate action as
- Respond to urgent emails and voicemails promptly
- Gather patient demographic and financial information in a kind
and courteous manner
- Document telephone encounters.
- Call patients to confirm appointment times and offer any other
pertinent information such as out of pocket expense, education,
directions, parking information, etc.
- Conduct warm transfers as needed
- Respond to urgent emails and voicemails promptly, and respond
to non-urgent emails and voicemails at the end of the day
- Place outbound calls to referring providers or guardians (for
self-referrals) to obtain missing and validate existing
- Facilitate referral intake
- Attempt to reach patient guardian to communicate any pre-visit
instructions as necessary
- Complete any additional ancillary tasks
Patient Accounting Duties
- Accurately create patient encounter in patient accounting
systems utilizing the appropriate patient search criteria and
- Verify patient's insurance benefit and document findings, this
process should be completed in the appropriate timeframe for the
service being provided
- Refer cases for financial screening as indicated
- Complete all authorization procurement work functions as
- Accurately collect and enter patient demographics into patient
accounting systems as indicated
- Populate referral data elements into Epic Referral Record as
- Complete all pre-service work functions on items in the Epic
workqueue in accordance with defined policies and procedures
- Complete documentation in Epic according to Driscoll Health
System and department documentation guidelines
- Collect, submit and file documents as appropriate
Quality Assurance Duties
- Review schedule/pre-registrations/registrations to identify
potential duplicate medical record numbers.
- Update data discrepancies in Epic.
- Identify patients with multiple same day visits to match
demographic and insurance data for each pre-registration.
- Review patient demographic and financial data to ensure
- Validate verification and documentation of insurance
eligibility and coverage for anticipated procedures.
- Validate insurance authorizations was obtained from referring
physicians and payors when necessary/appropriate.
- Reviews pre-registration list for cancellations and notify
department as indicated.
- Identify patients that are missing any pre-registration
- Check for referral minimum data set elements
Patient Financial Duties
- Review documented notes for payment requirements; explains
insurance benefits as quoted to us by their insurance carrier, and
collects patient's out of pocket expenses
- Determine if patient is responsible for any payment of service
and document how payment is calculated and received
- Refer cases for financial screening as indicated.
- Prepare hospital receipt for payment received.
- Validates address and phone number
- Ensure all paperwork is complete and all documents are
correctly filed or attached to patients record
- Cash box will be in balance at all times
- Payments received will be receipted and accounted for at all
Should apply and be listed on all job descriptions.
- Customer Service - Enthusiastically interacts with all
customers. Assumes personal responsibility for meeting customer
needs. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to customer
- Interpersonal Skills- Is sensitive to the needs, ideas, and
feelings of others. Develops and maintains rapport with others.
Listens well. Facilitates a group process.
- Adaptability/flexibility - Demonstrates the ability to change
behaviors and plans to meet rapidly changing/ competing job demands
(new or unusual situations). Receives change as a challenge.
Revises plans to meet changing circumstances.
- Communication - Clearly and effectively communicates ideas and
requests to others. Persuades or influences others through spoken
or written communication.
- Initiative - Starts and completes tasks with minimum of
prompting. Willing to make recommendations and assume additional
- Team Player - Fully participates in maintaining a positive team
environment that is conducive to customer satisfaction. Builds
trust among co-workers, focusing on accomplishing hospital and
departmental mission and goals.
- Organized and efficient - Organizes work and uses time
efficiently. Takes the initiative to find additional work during
slow or downtimes. Recommends innovative ways of doing work more
efficiently and effectively.
- Core Values -Practices DCH core values.
Education and/or Experience:
Select the one level of education and/or experience needed to
successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job. Delete
those that do not apply.
-High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Driscoll Children's Hospital, Edinburg , Patient Access Rep, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...