(RN ONLY) Pre-Op - Full-Time - Mid-shift
Company: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Responsible for the planning, executing, directing and
evaluating direct and indirect nursing care given to the surgical
patient. This nursing care involves pre-operative interventions. In
addition responsible for providing nursing care for patients during
the pre-operative phase of the peri-operative experience based on
established clinical nursing practice standards. Performs nursing
activities in the pre-operative phase as the patient's advocate.
Answers patient needs by assisting the physician and personnel
responsible for anesthesia care.
Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes. Supports DHR vision and mission.
Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the
provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality
nursing care through performance improvement techniques that
demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
- Current registered nurse license in good standing in the State
- Current BLS certification
- NRP certification within six (6) months of hire for Women's
- One (1) - Two (2) years of progress nursing experience,
- The successful candidate will be required to pass competencies
for this position.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices
- Immediately reports any unusual occurrences to charge
personnel, documents appropriately in the patient record, and
completes Hospital Incident Reports form if indicated
- Assists surgeons, anesthesiologist, and other personnel as
needed to ensure good patient care.
- Observes patient for changes in condition
- Ensures all medications are administered and charted according
to established policies and procedures
- Identifies and records patient's response to medication when
- Promptly reports medication errors.
- Provides orderly progression of schedule by sending for
following patients at proper times and notifies charge personnel of
- Safe care of the patients during their stay Knowledge of all
equipment used in the /OP
- Attend departmental meetings
- Occasional Charge Nurse duties as assigned by the
- Preparation of incident reports as needed
- Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance
with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Texas, and ANA
Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice.
- Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of DHR and the
- Provides effective and efficient patient care management.
Demonstrates strong and effective managerial techniques/skills in
established lines of authority.
- Maintains professional competence by participating in
continuing education and other learning experiences
- Addresses patient needs during admission to the operating
- Ensures that approved operating room procedures are followed to
meet the requirements of scheduled procedures.
- Adheres to hospital/unit policies, procedures, protocols and
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient
- Supports and promotes excellence in customer/guest
- Supports and promotes the organization's Infection Control
- Supports and promotes the organization's Safety Program.
- Supports and promotes the organization's Risk Management
- Demonstrates maturity and accountability for job
- Demonstrates problem solving skills through knowledge,
research, and practice
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital policies and procedures for
administering, transcribing, and recording medications
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used meds: action, dose, and
- Observes five R's for administering meds: right patient, right
drug, right does, right method, and right time.
- Demonstrates proper procedure in all methods of medication
- Administers blood and blood products following hospital policy
Keywords: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , (RN ONLY) Pre-Op - Full-Time - Mid-shift, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!