Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - FT - Varies - Surgical Services
Company: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Assists the registered nurse in the provision of nursing care to
patients in designated departments by performing routine and
- Graduate of accredited school of vocational nursing program
- Current Texas state licensure required
- Current BLS/CPR certification is required
- ACLS required within 6-months of hire
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians
- Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- One (1) year hospital experience as an LVN is strongly
- Able to adjust and/or troubleshoot monitoring equipment, and
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices
Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of the
- Performs according to approved policies and procedures.
- Participates as a team member in support of the designated
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and
Contributes to the progress and development of the
Organization's adopted Quality Management Program.
- Performs according to established continuous quality
improvement policies and procedures.
- Supports risk management and participates in programs directed
to patient and employee safety.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions, grievances and processes to
identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of
- Successfully contributes to the quality management process and
identifies role and contributions upon supervisor's request.
Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians and
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally.
- Documents that information received from the patient is
disseminated to the appropriate people or departments.
Maintains professional competence by participating in continuing
education and other learning experiences.
- Participates in committees, conferences and quality improvement
- Researches and submits pertinent articles for review at staff
- Maintains membership in relevant professional
- Seeks new learning experiences by accepting challenging
opportunities and responsibilities.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions and criticism and attempts to
improve performance or seeks further guidance, as needed.
Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job
duties and responsibilities.
- Reports observed or suspected safety violations, hazards and
policy and procedure noncompliance to the Safety Officer or other
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and
Assists the registered nurse and physician in providing care to
- Collaborates with registered nurse in assessing the patient's
physical and emotional status.
- Implements and documents departmental regimen of care according
to policies and procedures.
- Recognizes patient's need for support, answers questions
appropriately and provides for privacy and confidentiality.
- Admits patient to designated departmental area according to
- Implements appropriate nursing activities to provide safe and
individualized nursing care.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care by documenting
patient's responses to interventions.
- Assists in explaining the physician's postoperative
instructions to patient and/or family.
- Conveys ideas, concepts and facts related to patient care in a
logical, concise manner.
- Assists with discharge activities according to policies and
- Documents records and other forms accurately and according to
policies and procedures.
Applies technical and specialized skills relevant to
- Performs nursing functions under the direction and supervision
of registered nurse (e.g. monitors vital signs, maintains or
improves respiratory function, performs catheterizations,
- Administers prescribed medications and performs treatments
according to the State of Texas' definition of Licensed Vocational
- Observes safety measures in patient care activities.
- Prepares equipment/supplies needed for care of patients and for
performing diagnostic tests.
- Performs with competence in emergency situations.
- Recognizes personal limitations and obtains assistance in
patient care from registered nurse.
Displays knowledge of the requirements for instruments, supplies
and equipment maintenance.
- Cleans instruments properly after use and observes policy and
procedure for care and handling.
- Observes and reports need to replenish or revise supply
Keywords: Doctor's Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - FT - Varies - Surgical Services, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!