United States of America - Virginia, Herndon
AECOM is seeking a Senior Specialist, EHS to be based in Eklton,
The assignment will be full time for at least 6 months to 1 year
with a high likelihood of extending to 1.5 to 2 years. The location
of the project will in in Elkton, VA. The assignment will be on a
rotating basis, 2 weeks at the facility and 2 weeks virtual
Description Summary :
* Senior technical resource may serve as technical advisor for
* Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for
staff's specific area of expertise.
* Develops study and design procedures to facilitate high
quality cost effective work by others.
* Participates in interdisciplinary review of project
* Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of
technical efforts for projects.
* Uses expertise in all steps of completing discipline component
of PS&E package.
* Performs quality control review of design calculations or
* Prepares technical specification sections.
* Provides input to the development of engineering budget and
schedule to meet requirements.
Job Description :
Responsible for supporting environmental, health, and safety
compliance programs at the site. Work closely with operating areas
to assist with integrating EHS programs into daily operations to
assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance
improvement, and meeting EHS performance objectives.
Responsible for compliance in assigned area of accountability,
EHS oversight of engineering projects,
self-assessments and internal EHS auditing, environmental
reporting, installing and maintaining safety and environmental
Performs responsibilities and addresses problems with limited
Major focus will be to provide support for Merck EHS
staff/management in the areas of waste management, air
permitting/compliance, monthly and annual agency reporting,
industrial hygiene and environmental sampling, environmental permit
inspections, and reporting Occasionally conducts hazard
assessments, incident investigations, safety regulatory field
analysis, safety reporting and permit applications.
* Reviews processes, facilities, procedures and management of
change documents to assure conformance to recognized EHS
regulations, standards and guidelines.
* Provides support to client groups in completing injury/illness
analysis, training, self-assessments and addressing specific EHS
concerns as they are raised.
* With a thorough knowledge of EHS regulations and their
applicability, develops EHS procedures, guidelines and training
programs as assigned.
* Recognizes emerging problems and pro-actively develop
* Develops and implements EHS strategies for assigned program(s)
and action plans.
* Assure completion of regulatory submissions, notifications,
etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local
* Experience with EHS regulatory inspections and advocacy.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for
everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights
on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our
work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative,
iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the
world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events,
the largest greenfield port development mega project,
life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in
the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy
and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout
the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired
Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in
Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
* BA/BS degree plus 6 years related experience or demonstrated
equivalency of experience and/or education
* Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving
* Must pass a State and Federal criminal history/security
background check; many projects clients are security sensitive.
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
* Physically able, with or without an accommodation, to work in
indoor and outdoor environments with uneven terrain. Variable
environmental conditions include noise and chemicals. This position
requires frequent (more than 50% of the workday) standing/walking,
climbing stairs, keyboard/mouse operations, repetitive or fine hand
movements, and lifting <25 pounds; often (25-50% of the workday)
performing repetitive bending/stooping; occasionally (10-25% of the
workday) working with arms above shoulder level, power
gripping/squeezing (hand tools, levers, etc.), operating vehicles,
working at heights, using portable ladders, and lifting 25-50
pounds; rarely (less than 10% of the workday) lifting 50-75 pounds.
Position will include wearing associated personal protective
equipment, including but not limited to safety shoes/boots, hard
hat, and hearing protection.
* OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training and current 8-Hour HAZWOPER
* Experience with Waste Management
* Experience with air quality
* Experience with Safety
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in
some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs
of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the
built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace
that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a
company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company
leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what
we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better
world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood,
community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we
believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 247132BR
Additional Locations US - Edinburg, VA - 14031 Old Valley
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected