Company: Edinburg Independent School District
Posted on: June 7, 2021
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until
Filled LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 187 Days DATE REVISED: 7/30/2020
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt SALARY RANGE: $50,250
Minimum 67,000 Maximum PAY GRADE: TCH
Provide students with appropriate distance, virtual, or face to
face learning in the academic subject area assigned to help them
fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and
social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills
to function successfully in society.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for
subject and level assigned
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans and activities through
distance, virtual, or face to face learning to fulfill the
requirements of the district's curriculum program and show written
evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles and needs.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
Texas Education Agency, board policies, and
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of
the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results
to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify
curricula as needed for special education students according to
guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional
goals, objectives, and methods according to district
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process and
provide blended learning opportunities in the classroom
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through
formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as
assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional
development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of
Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other
- Be available by phone, email, or video conferencing during a
scheduled conference period or designated office hours to confer
with district personnel, students, and/or parents. The rest of the
workday is committed to the planning, preparing, online staff
development, virtual campus/district meetings, ARD's, implementing
and evaluating lessons and activities.
- Communicate daily with all students or parents via Google
Classroom, Google Meet, Microsoft Office 365 Email, or phone or
video conference. Maintain an ongoing contact log for your
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting
conferences with parents, students,
principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students,
parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
- Provide ongoing feedback of student achievement through formal
and informal methods on mastery of lessons as per established
district grading procedures.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school
regulations and policies for classroom
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself
and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s)
Tools/Equipment Used: Computer, :Laptop, phone system,
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Work prolonged or irregular hours, prolonged sitting,
repetitive computer work, frequent use of hands and wrists.
- Work from home or location other than school building, unless
asked to go to the worksite.
Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent standing,
stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; move small stacks of
textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required.
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability,
military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Edinburg Independent School District, Edinburg , Music Teacher, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!