Specialty Leasing Representative
Company: Simon Property Group Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
La Plaza Mall
The Specialty Leasing Representative (SLR) will learn to locate,
evaluate and develop potential local leasing tenants and
income-generating opportunities for shopping center properties
(both common area and temporary in-line), negotiate Lease
Agreements to achieve the financial objectives of the properties,
refer prospective tenants for approval, and coordinate Short-term
Leasing administration and tenant presentation. The incumbent will
have oversight responsibility for multiple properties as
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but
not be limited to:
Locate, identify and evaluate potential Specialty Leasing (SL)
tenants and other income sources for shopping center properties in
both common area and in-line vacancies.
- Develop and implement plan to include regularly attending trade
shows, review publications and canvass the area to identify
retailers and other potential income generating tenants.
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospective SL tenants
and existing mall tenants.
- Network with area leasing representatives and industry
- Identify and develop new leasable locations in the common
Negotiate Lease Agreements:
- Establish SL rent guidelines and income objectives for
properties based on analysis of sales, permanent leases and income
goals of the property.
- Negotiate Lease Agreements and submit tenant information,
terms, locations and use clause for approval.
- Generate SL income for assigned properties to achieve assigned
SL financial goals.
- Ensure maximum occupancy and minimum downtime occurs.
- Support in-line leasing efforts by assisting in identifying,
developing local tenants into potential permanent tenants
Report to and work with the Specialty Leasing Manager to achieve
property and overall SL program goals.
- Submit regular weekly reports to identify deal making,
forecasting, revenue goal achievement and other program
- Assist Vice President - Specialty Leasing and Specialty Leasing
Manager in identifying and completion of SL national tenant
- Assist in identifying potential new multiple-mall and national
tenants. Refer prospect to Specialty Leasing Manager or directly to
other Simon Property Group properties.
Coordinate SL-related administrative duties with Mall Managers
and other Property Management staff.
- Coordinate completion of Lease Agreements, SL program
administration and SL tenant setup.
- Monitor rent collection, income transmittals, sales reporting
and the accurate processing of Lease Agreements.
- Monitor monthly and quarterly property and Home Office SL
income and expense reports.
Assist Mall Managers in achieving the acceptable merchandising
and visual presentations.
- Monitor placement if units/tenants in the common area.
- Coordinate merchandise mix with leasing to ensure beset use of
- Communicate required Specialty Leasing visual presentation
standard to the tenants.
- Coordinate activity of Visual Merchandiser and tenant.
- A bachelor's degree in a business related discipline
- One or two years of general business, sales, leasing or retail
- Basic math and accounting skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Resourcefulness, creativity and a well-developed awareness of
- Some overnight travel may be required
Keywords: Simon Property Group Inc, Edinburg , Specialty Leasing Representative, Other , Mercedes, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!