Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) FT - Days - Covid-Cost Center
Company: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position at DHR Health
POSITION SUMMARY :
Under the supervision and guidance of Director of Emergency
Management, the CNA is responsible for assisting with direct
patient care within the scope of their practice as well as other
work on the unit which supports the patient environment. The CNA
assists staff to ensure optimal patient care and assists the
healthcare team to provide and maintain a clean, safe, and
attractive environment for patients. Work will include components
of direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation,
transportation of patients and supplies, and general maintenance of
the patient environment. The CNA is responsible for maintaining
his/her own clinical and mandatory education requirements and for
meeting the established standards of their profession as well as
those accountable for his/her practice, assigned duties/patient
care, and is an advocate for patients/families and their
profession. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to
ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the
achievement of desired patient outcomes. Demonstrates knowledge of
age-specific patient populations and cultural diversity during the
provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality
care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate
positive outcomes in patient care. Promotes an environment of care.
Is willing to cross-train as unit clerk.
POSITION EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Graduated from an accredited Certified Nurse Assistant program
- Active Texas C.N.A license required.
- Current BLS/CPR certification required.
- Must be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
JOB KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE :
- One ( 1 ) year continuous experience preferred.
- Able to adjust and/or troubleshoot monitoring equipment, and
- Exhibits tact, enthusiasm, and patience.
- Must have proficient organizational skills and computer
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practice
- Adhere to instructions issued by the departments leadership and
perform duties in accordance with established DHR routines, methods
and techniques, and in compliance with the recognized policies,
procedures, standards and practices and within the state Regulatory
- Follows Standard Precautions and OSHA Guidelines. Follows
specific precautions (i.e. MRSA, contact, respiratory) as
- Prepare and maintain a record of observations and care given.
Documents information clearly and completely.
- Assist with admissions to the unit, Orient family
members/responsible parties to the unit; provide hospitality to
- Maintain a safe, secure, comfortable environment for every
- Participate in and receive report daily at patients bedside
every start of shift. Plan and organize work assignment; prioritize
the specific needs of patients.
- Support nursing staff in a calm, efficient manner during acute,
- Measure and report vital signs: temperature, pulse,
respirations and blood pressure
- Provide adequate care to ill/injured patients under the
direction of the nursing staff.
- Monitor patients closely per DHR policies and procedures
- Accurately observe, recognize changes and report to nursing
staff in a timely fashion. Communicate any changes from norm, or
unusual observation to the nurse in a timely fashion. Report
accidents, with of without injury, promptly to immediate
- Comply with policies, procedures and specific protocols for
patient lifts and transfers as designated by the care plan.
Willingly seek help and assist others in lifting activities
- Other duties as assigned.
LINES OF RESPONSIBILITY :
CMO - Director
Keywords: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) FT - Days - Covid-Cost Center, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!