Human Assets Intern - Rio Grande Valley (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 3 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout
for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our
current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and
Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of
college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate
college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA
alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges
and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
What does the IDEA RGV Human Assets Team do?
The Human Assets Team is responsible for recruiting, selecting, and
retaining high quality teachers and leaders to IDEA schools in the
Rio Grande Valley region. For the upcoming 21-22 school year,
ourRio Grande Valleyteam will recruit applicants and hire new
teachers and leaders for our growing and launching campuses. During
the school year, we will be working to cultivate brand awareness,
attract and recruit top talent, and build community
What do the Human Assets Interns do?
Our HA Interns are an integral part of theRGVHuman Assets Team
through the following:
Knowledge and Skills
- Daily outreach/sourcing to prospective candidates about IDEA
(ex: Indeed, LinkedIn, Handshake)
- Represent IDEA at career fairs and other events to attract
large groups oftalent to IDEA
- Support recruitment events (ex:Campus Campaigns, Meet and
Greets, University Tabling IDEA Careers Info Sessions, Career
- Job posting maintenance on career and college websites
- Convert prospective candidates into applicants
- Managing interview event logistics (ex: Teacher Super
Interviews, Leader Super Interviews)
- Engage in at least 4 external events each month
- Hold at least151:1meetings each month with referred contacts to
provide positive candidate experience and convert into applicants
- Create and maintain a calendar of recruitment events
- Develop referral campaigns year-round to engage staff to drive
internal referrals (instructional, operations, leaders, and
- Ensure 100% of internal referrals receive communication within
3 days of submitted by staff
- Regular outreach to prospectivecandidates about IDEA
- Manage recruitment event logistics and communication
- Marketing and communication maintenance for recruitment
- Experience with recruiting, HR or sales a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Comfort presenting to large groups and diverse audience (ex:
candidates, managers, and staff)
- Proficient social media skills such as navigating different
platforms, creating job posts, creating event campaigns, etc.
(Indeed, LinkedIn, Handshake, Facebook, etc.)
- Exceptional event planning and coordinating
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings or
- Ability to travelbetween all schools across IDEA RGV
- Minimum of 48 hours college hours completed (preferred)
- Current GPA of 3.0 or higher (preferred)
- Able to commit to working up to 30 hours/week
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at .
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Human Assets Intern - Rio Grande Valley (Immediate Opening), Other , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!