Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)/ Unit Clerk - FT- Nights- Medical/ Tele
Company: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Position at DHR Health
Under the supervision and guidance of a licensed nurse RN, the
CNA/Unit Clerk is responsible for assisting with direct patient
care within the scope of their practice as well as other work on
the unit which supports the patient environment. The CNA/Unit Clerk
assists staff to ensure optimal patient care and assists the
healthcare team to provide and maintain a clean, safe, and
attractive environment for patients. Work will include components
of direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation,
transportation of patients and supplies, and general maintenance of
the patient environment. Assist clinical team members by performing
a variety of duties for patients within the patient focused care
system and under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse.
Under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse, this
position performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties for
an assigned nursing unit. Assists in the transcribing and
processing of physicians orders, maintains patient charts in an
accurate manner and maintains adequate unit supplies.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Current CNA certification required.
- Current BLS/CPR certification required.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience
- Six (6) months One (1) year continuous experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, knowledge of proper telephone
etiquette, and strong typing skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a must.
- Must have proficient organizational skills and computer
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- High degree of competency/experience in general.
- Requires good communication and organizational skills.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices
- Assists all patients, family members/significant others,
physicians, visitors and employees in a friendly manner.
- Introduces self and uses caring, thoughtful words either in
person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates ethical and appropriate behavior for clinical
environment to include, but not limited to, dignity, patients
rights and privacy, and the maintenance of confidentiality of
- Demonstrates caring. If unable to assist an individual in
needs, offers to find someone who can.
- Demonstrates proper telephone etiquette. If transferring a
telephone call, announces the caller and briefly explains the
situation before ending the transfer.
- Always makes eye contact when speaking with patients, family
member or significant others, visitors, employees, etc.
- Knocks before entering a room or office.
- Addresses all individuals courteously.
- Keeps voice down; does not shout or use improper language.
- Responds to all inquiries promptly and courteously.
- Works together in the spirit of teamwork.
- Shares information so that the people who need to be aware of
the facts are informed.
- Performs clerical/clinical duties as assigned by the nurse or
- Transcribes physicians' orders, and maintains chart records and
- Answers phones and routes calls to the appropriate parties
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation
- Assures that patient equipment and supplies are available and
are in operating condition.
- Maintains knowledge of and conforms to Hospital (PCCU)
- Assists department manager with various clerical duties as
- Assists the floor with C.N.A. duties when the unit is short
- Other duties as assigned
LINES OF REPSONSIBILITES :
- Registered Nurse Director Chief Nursing Officer
Keywords: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA)/ Unit Clerk - FT- Nights- Medical/ Tele, Other , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!