Company: Synaptic Solar
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This Position is for Solar Panel Installers
Synaptic Solar is one of the youngest yet fastest growing solar
PV-installation companies in Texas! We take pride in having
industry experts who understand the challenges of todays solar
installations. We focus on giving the best service to our customers
and therefore we are looking for the most talented individuals to
join our growing team.
Synaptic Solar is looking for full-time Solar PV installers.
This position consists of meeting in the morning with the crew and
Foreman Electrician and traveling to the customers home for the
installation process. This is a very physically demanding and
fast-paced job. This is a great career opportunity for those who
are looking to grow and develop new skills within the booming
industry of solar energy.
This position requires you to travel to different homes around
McAllen and its surrounding areas.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet on the job site at the agreed arrival time.
- Interpret blueprints, structural, and electrical information
for the assembly of Solar arrays.
- Ensure the safety of yourself, other team members, and the
customer at all times.
- Transport, assemble, and install solar equipment on the job
site with high attention to job quality and safety.
- Remove debris and discarded material from the job site.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have an active and valid drivers license
- Roofing, installation, and/or solar experience is a plus.
- Not afraid of heights and willing to work outdoors in a
physically demanding role.
- Experience in the use of power tools (impact drivers, drills,
hammers, and various saws, grinders, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with roof work, drywall, mortar, and siding is a
- Excellent balance and eye-hand coordination.
- Excellent knowledge of basic construction principles and
- Ability to understand and use instructions and blueprints.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork mindset.
- The ability to lift and carry 50 or more pounds regularly in
extreme temperatures on high sloped and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces
which requires frequent bending, twisting, squatting, climbing,
kneeling, crawling, turning, standing, and balance
- Ability to transport materials and equipment to the rooftop to
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions including but not
limited to excessive noise, extreme heat, extreme cold, wet
environment, and humidity
- Ability to work within the safe range of equipment such as
ladders, fall protection harnesses, and other PPE.
- Ability to work while wearing heavy protective equipment such
as arc flash suits, gloves, and face shields
- Ability to work and maintain balance on roofs and other areas
- Ability to walk on rafters, roof tiles, and roof shingles
- Ability to hear verbal commands and warnings
Installations are normally scheduled from Tuesday to Saturday.
Normal days off are Sunday and Monday. The day can start as early
as 6:30 AM and the day ends varying on the number of projects per
day. The average working hours are 45 to 50 hours per week.
$16 to $18 an hour to start. There is an opportunity for a pay
increase and career advancement.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 10 days of PTO per year
- 12 days of holidays per year
- Weekly pay (every Friday!)
- Direct deposit
What happens after you apply:
If you are interested, apply today! This is an immediate
opening. Your resume will be reviewed by our talent team. If you
are selected to move forward to the next screening, you will be
receiving an email and/or a call. Please keep an eye on your email
and voicemail. If selected for an interview, you will interview via
Zoom with our Safety Coordinator. Therefore, you must internet
access and access to a camera.
Keywords: Synaptic Solar, Edinburg , Construction Workers, Other , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!