21st Century Enrichment Specialist - IDEA Weslaco Academy (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring thatallour students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years thats
8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEAs co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
nearly53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA
will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools
opening near youwith continued growth in our current regions and
new launches inHouston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support
our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEAs mission of
college for all as only 1 out of 17studentsgraduatecollege ready.
Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently
attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities
across the country.
Join our passionate team ofchangemakersin south Texas as we prepare
to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000
students in 2022.
Role Mission:The 21stCentury Enrichment specialists
willfacilitate afterschoolprogramming for priority students,
focusing on academic support, enrichment opportunities, and
college/career readiness. Enrichment Specialists will work with
campus principals and the 21stCentury Site Coordinator to ensure
21stCentury programs enhance the vision and priorities of the
school.21stCentury Enrichment specialists work after school for 2
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system
that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students
character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a
productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with
students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for
the communities in which they identify.
- Provide enrichment and recreation leadership for the 21st
Century program students.
- Facilitate planned enrichment and/or recreational activities to
group of students (average group size 12-18).
- Assists in developing students' cognitive capacity, increasing
academic skill development, and respect for learning.
- Foster students' self-esteem and motivation through positive
- Be directly supervised by the Site Coordinator and Project
Director for the 21st CCLC and the grant guidelines.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Site Coordinator and Project
Director to coordinate program design, evaluation process, and
- Work closely with Site Coordinator and Project Director to:
Organize schedule of enrichment and/or recreational activities.
Implement evaluation tools.
- Abide by all IDEA campus rules and procedures
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of
change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to
be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Education:Must be enrolled in college orhave abachelors
- Preferred 30 college credit hours or morewith a minimum GPA of
- Prior experience in enrichment activity for which they are
*Must attach an official or unofficial transcript to the
applicationin order toverify GPA and credit hours earned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the
- Ability to track dataweekly and monthlyforreporting
- Compensation for this role is set at$12per hour
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , 21st Century Enrichment Specialist - IDEA Weslaco Academy (Immediate Opening), Other , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!