Social Worker - IDEA Alamo College Prep (21-22)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring thatallour students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years thats
8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEAs co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now
serveover 65,000students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the
lookout for IDEA schools opening near youwith continued growth in
our current regions and new launches inTampa Bay,
FL(2021),andJacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEAs mission of
college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate
college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA
alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges
and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
Social Workers workdirectly with our at-risk scholars to ensure
that they graduate from IDEA and go to and through college
byprovidingthem individualized emotional, behavioral and mental
health support. The goal is to work witha large group ofat-risk
scholars and have them independently master coping skills to
address and overcome mental, behavioral, and academic
- Schedule individualized andreoccurringsessions to address
mental health needs
- Establishindividualized counseling goals for scholars
- Useknowledge and understanding of the reciprocal influences of
home, school, and community to intervene for scholar success via
such practices as assessment, crisis intervention, home visits,
conflict resolution, individual and group counseling,
consultation,program development, dropout prevention and
coordination ofschool and community services
- InformLead Team every time there isa potential persistence
- Communicatewith family to figure out root cause and develop
solutions to address concerns
- Collaboratewith lead team to create a joyful, respectful school
culture wherescholars want to come to school
- Assist with campus joy factor, events and celebrations
- Collaborates with teachers of concern to develop a plan to
address failing grades concerns.
- Communicates with families regarding weekly progress as
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of
change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to
be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with
students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for
the communities in which they identify.
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings,
parent meetings, parent information sessions, before and
after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal
learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Education: Masters degree required
- Experience: Teaching experience preferred; Ability to write and
speak Spanish preferred
- Licensure: Social work license required (LMSW or LCSW)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the
- Ability to build solid student and family relationships
- Salaries for this role typically fall between$51,946and
$61,816commensurate with relevant experience and
qualifications.This role is also eligible for a performance bonus
based on individual and organizational performance and goal
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Social Worker - IDEA Alamo College Prep (21-22), Other , Alamo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!