Special Education/EC6 Bilingual Prospective Elementary Campus
Company: Edinburg Independent School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
REPORTS TO: Campus Principal APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until
Filled LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 187 Days DATE REVISED: 8/27/2015
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt SALARY RANGE: $49,523
Maximum PAY GRADE: TCH
Provide special education students with learning activities and
experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or
modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional
materials to student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team,
departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required special education
endorsements for assignments
Knowledge of special needs of students in assigned area
Knowledge of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee
process and Individual Education Plan (IEP) goal setting process
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Highly Qualified as per NCLB guidelines, if applicable to
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff
to develop Individual Educational Plan (IEP) through the Admission,
Review and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process for each student
- Implement an instructional, and/or skill development program
for assigned students and show written
evidence of preparation as required.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of
the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with classroom teachers to modify regular
curricula as needed and assist special education students in
regular classes with assignments.
- Participate in ARD Committee meetings on a regular basis.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results
to plan for instructional activities.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet
the needs and capabilities of each student assigned.
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s) and
- Use technology in teaching/learning process.
- Conducts Pre/Post assessments.
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through
formal and informal testing.
- Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding
of students as stated in IEP.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as
- Sponsor outside activities approved by campus Principal.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of
school district and campus.
- Report progress to parents.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional
development of students.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline. This
includes intervening in crisis situations and physically
restraining students as necessary according to IEP.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding management of student
behavior according to IEP.
- Consult district and outside resource people regarding
education, social, medical, and personal needs of students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other
- Prepares and conducts ARD meetings.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication by
conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students,
parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
- Provides staff development to general staff.
- Provides parent training when necessary.
- Assures that ARD recommendations are followed.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and
school regulations and policies for special education
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself
and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s)
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress; frequent standing,
stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small
stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or
adaptive equipment; may be required to lift and position students
with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical
restraint; and assist non- ambulatory students; exposed to
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required.
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability,
military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Edinburg Independent School District, Edinburg , Special Education/EC6 Bilingual Prospective Elementary Campus, Other , edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!