Tutor - IDEA Weslaco Pike College Prep (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our studentsgraduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years thats
8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEAs co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now
serveover 65,000students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the
lookout for IDEA schools opening near youwith continued growth in
our current regions and new launches inTampa Bay, FL(2021),
Jacksonville, FL (2022), and Cincinnati, OH (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX,to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEAs mission of
college for all,as only 1 out of 17studentscurrentlygraduatecollege
ready. Our mission holds true as we haveover 5,000IDEA alumni that
currently attend, or have graduated from,300 colleges and
universities across the country.
Join our passionate team ofchangemakersin south Texas as we prepare
to expand our home region to55schools, serving over38,000students
Role Mission:Tutors will work with studentsduringschool,
andwill focus on specific objectives as well as provide additional
practice, guidance, and one on one attentionin the Road to and
Through College classrooms.
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a
communication and educational tool to improve student achievement
and manage work related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system
that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students
character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a
productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with
students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for
the communities in which they identify.
- Determine from student notes and discussions, the concepts that
need to be taught orretaught.
- Become familiar with the materials in theRTTC (Road to and
- Become familiar with the textbooks and materials used
- Conduct tutorial sessions in all areas of math and science or
language arts and humanities.
- Conductmini-lessonsin the process of writing in all subject
areas, study skills, andother aspects of college preparation.
- Work with students in any phase of the writing process, such as
brainstorming,clustering, revision, and editing.
- Communicate frequently and honestly with theCollege counseling
team/teacher regardingstudent progress and areas of concern.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students
- Minimum of 10-20 hours spent at school per week
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Education:minimum of60 hours of college credit with a minimum
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the
- Knowledge of subject assigned
- Creative problem solving and team skills
Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of $10 an
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Tutor - IDEA Weslaco Pike College Prep (Immediate Opening), Other , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!