Training and Instructional Technology Manager (21-22)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout
for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our
current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and
Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of
college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate
college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA
alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges
and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The Training and Instructional Technology Manager
strives to support the leadership at IDEA as we work together to
meet and exceed our ambitious financial and student achievement
goals. R esponsible for the overall development, selection,
management , and efficacy of technical training and instructional
technology strategies, materials, and processes critical to the
adoption, implementation, optimization, and scaling of
instructional technology and enterprise systems at IDEA Public
This includes implementing district policies while encouraging the
creative and independent use of existing technologies to support
student achievement in our K-12 classrooms. This individual will be
responsible for implementing systems to meet a diverse array of
stakeholder and end user needs.
The Manager plays a critical role in the processes that govern and
provision the use of instructional technology and equipment central
to achievement in IDEA's Pre-K-12 curriculum, national, state, and
local standards. Further, they work closely with IDEA's leadership
teams and external partners to support the continued enhancement of
innovative technology and other related technology-related
curriculum projects. The Manager provides critical information and
data to stakeholders , staff, and leadership working to design and
streamline processes where enterprise systems, applications,
equipment, services, environments, or other instructional
technology resources are incorporated .
Design and implement efficient processes & systems
- Develop and maintain IDEA's technical training portfolio and
knowledgebase in strategically aligned to demand around internal
and external tools
- Develops and maintains business requirements and Service
Catalog as it relates to Technical Training programs and
Instructional Technology systems and applications.
- Technical t raining portfolio minimum NPS score of 60+ across
released programs and content.
- Instructional Technology average NPSgrowth of 5 or more across
surveyed products based on release year.
- Develops, m anages, monitors, and reports on agreed-upon SLAs
- Synthesizes feedback from multiple channels to improve
services, technical training, and end user support
- Capture and escalate technical barriers to adoption to
Information System leaders(s) to improve end user experience.
Responsible for the governance and provisioning of instructional
technology systems central to achievement in IDEA's Pre-K-12
curriculum, national, state and local standards.
- 100% of cycle-based instructional technology systems and
applications and new region launches are successfully deployed by
the first day of school (FDOS), first day of physical return to
classrooms (FDPR), and/or start of initiative.
- Responsible for the management if of Clever and Microsoft for
Education, which includes Teams for Education.
- Partners with Information Technology, Student data and
Technology Operations Teams to ensure students have access to
appropriate devices and systems with appropriate configuration
- 100% Beginning of Year deliverables two weeks before First Day
- 100% of instructional staff have accounts and access to
instructional technology systems by first day of summer PD.
- 100% of students have accounts and access to instructional
systems, applications, and virtual classrooms by the FDOS.
- 100% of instructional systems are rostered, configured, tested
and fully operational by the FDOS.
- 100% of in-person classrooms have the Program-defined
instructional technology ready for FDOS
Serve as the Project Owner for implementation of all technical
training programs and instructional technology systems and
resources across the district .
- Serves as the primary contact for instructional technology
systems and applications.
- Develops and manages instructional technology strategies,
processes, and workflows.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, development, management
and efficacy the district's various instructional technology
systems and applications to drive the adoption of enterprise
instructional technology resources to 90%+ within 3 years , with a
5% average annual increase of adoption across products based on
- Remains current in the field of educational technology,
instructional media production design, and emerging technologies,
and update technical skills to adapt to changing technologies.
- Lead the Training and Instructional Technology team in the day
- to - day tasks of technical maintenance of our instructional
technology systems and applications
- Oversee the planning and strategy for leveraging/improving our
various enterprise systems and applications to support continued
- Oversee the management of Information System s' knowledgebase ,
including the curation, review, and promotion of resources
- Manages the configuration, integration, deployment and adoption
of instructional technology systems and applications
- Manages partnerships with Marketing, Communication and
Enrollment Teams on internal and externally facing communications
regarding enterprise systems and applications
- Manages partnerships with Schools, HA and Programs team to
provide guidance on the integration of appropriate instructional
technologies into the classroom.
- Builds strong partnerships between Information Systems and
external instructional technology vendors and resources.
Information Systems will leverage existing, emerging, and
innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline
business processes with a TCO/per student decrease of 5%
- 100% of Staff receive the technical training and support
necessary to utilize technology equipment and systems relevant to
- 100% of Staff know how to access, utilize key features, and
contact support while using district technology which includes both
equipment and software applications.
- 100% of students and families have access to technical training
and support resources necessary to utilize technology equipment and
systems critical to instruction.
- Exemplify effective practices and potential implementations of
Microsoft for Education tools and other instructional technology
- Serves as key decision maker and stakeholder in the selection,
vetting and procurement process regarding new instructional
- Ensures instructional technology systems have high utility (Fit
for Use) including testing and stakeholder/user acceptance
- Promote s and enforce s data privacy and security best
practices to minimize risk of data loss, student data access, and
- Provide s critical feedback to internal teams around end user
preferences, training gaps, or deficiencies to ensure the greatest
return on instructional technology investments.
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all students are capable of getting to and through
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them .
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve quickly .
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes .
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change .
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization .
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships in order to achieve outcomes .
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
Manage s 3 direct report s , I nstructional T echnology Application
Administrator, Technical Train er, and Knowledgebase
- Systematic problem solving
- Adult learnin g and instructional design
- Able to quickly learn new systems and methodologies
- Design, planning and implementation of systems and process
(Project Management) preferred
- System and process improvement ( ITIL ) preferred
- Change management
- Strong team player and people developer
- Ability to understand end user needs and to develop business
requirements and to plan and implement system and process changes
to improve services to end users
- Develop, track and improve key performance indicators
- Balance of business and technical understanding of software,
systems and Cloud products
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze input from multiple
sources (clients, sales, engineering, competitors, marketing and
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including
the ability to listen carefully and to communicate effectively
within a diverse environment
- Education: Bachelor's degree required
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years K-12 teaching experience
required with 3 + years of directly related classroom experience
using technology to improve teaching and learning.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years Leadership , Training and
Service Management, Instructional Technology , Information
Technology or related .
- Bilingual (English and strong proficiency in Spanish)
- Licenses or Certifications: 1 or more professional
certifications aligned to role. ITIL certification/experience
preferred; Project Management certification/experience , Change
Management certification/experience , Microsoft Service Adoption
Specialist certification/experience preferred , Microsoft for
Education certification (s) /experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work across diverse teams in a high-growth
- Strong customer service and influence skills across multiple
- Strong understanding of end-to-end development process and the
integration of multiple systems
- Strong experience implementing new systems and processes across
- Excellent systematic problem solving and judgment skills with a
high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work in multiple tasks and projects at the
same time and provide guidance to multiple users to plan and
implement projects in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement skills to analyze multiple data sets,
identify issues, and develop recommendations to improve data
accuracy across systems in effective and efficient ways
- Advanced data analytical skill s supported by advanced Excel ,
Power BI or other tools to analyze data and provide appropriate
visualizations and insights Compensation:
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between
$66,626 and $80,618 , commensurate with relevant experience and
qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus
based on individual and organizational performance and goal
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Training and Instructional Technology Manager (21-22), IT / Software / Systems , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!