SIS Onboarding and Technical Trainer (21-22)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout
for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our
current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and
Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of
college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate
college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA
alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges
and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The mission of the SIS Onboarding and Technical
Trainer is to enhance professional development and training for
Regional Coordinators, SIS and Registrars. The SIS OT Trainer
reports to the Director of SIS. Given the rapid growth of IDEA
Public School District, our internal pipeline is incredibly
important to maintain quality and compliance. The SIS OT Trainer
focuses on supporting our internal pipeline, ensuring that all have
the resources/trainings needed to succeed. The SIS OT Trainer
ensures trainings adhere to the mandated policies and guidelines
set forth by State. The SIS OT Trainer designs training to support
Regional Coordinator so they can successfully manage their
respective regions to drive results for departmental goals. Other
responsibilities include but are not limited to: ensuring a
successful beginning of year execution, leading efforts to increase
our retention rate, and coordinating with campus teams in making
College For All a reality.
- Meets (or exceeds) an Average Daily Attendance (ADA) of
- Develops and continuously improves training to improve student
attendance processes and compliance.
- Identify gaps in training and execution and collaborate with
the rest of the team to fill those gaps.
- Collaborates with SIS regional and campus staff, and campus
leaders to develop strategies to improve ADA.
- Coordinate with HQ SIS team to provide training for pilots,
initiatives, surveys or other information gathering
- All new hires rate their onboarding experience an average of
- Designanonboardingplan for launching SIS, new SIS and registrar
rolesthat is such thatsets the new hire up for
- Train on effectively organizing and conducting onboarding
trainings in Roadmap
- Develop a feedback mechanism to capture new hires' rating of
their onboarding experience.
- 85% Retention of SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Create organizational development strategy for SIS Coordinators
- Draw an overall or individualized development plan that
addresses needs and expectations for all Regional Coordinators and
campus SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Trains on use of tracking mechanisms to help manage around
Campus Operations and SIS goals
- Execute onboarding practices to ensure each new team member is
set up for success based on the unique responsibilities of their
- Develop and deliver training on how to properly address
- Collaborate with IDEA Compensation,IDEAHuman Resources
andIDEAHuman Assets to ensure we havestrategies and initiativesin
placeto sustain our staffing growth.
- Collaborate with IDEA Human Assets to understand organizational
employee job satisfaction results and implementaction plansthat
- Ensure talent reviews occur with fidelity by delivering
training, coaching, and support for in-the-field
- Participants rate training an average of 85% or higher with at
least 95% attendance.
- Lead the design and implementation of a year-long Scope and
SequenceDesign professional development trainings
whileintegratingIDEA culture, and review and enhance these
- Attend state and national conferences to acquire new knowledge
and skills and apply to current role.
- Design sessions on leadership and management topics for HQ
Managers and Regional Coordinators
- Coach facilitators on delivery and facilitation of professional
- Collect feedback on sessions monthly, through surveys and
- Set attendance expectations, track attendance and promptly
addresses any attendance concerns.
- Participate in Design Collaboratives to enhance adult learning
design knowledge and skills.
- Lead Summer and Winter Institutes with agenda and reviewing of
- 100% campuses ready by the first day of school with highest
standard of data compliance.
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of SIS campus team members are
hired, on-boarded and trained.
- Serves as a liaison with the SIS Data team to define data
- Contribute to a growing culture of analytics to ensure campus,
regional, and national staff are working smarter versus harder in
identifying root causes behind gaps and meaningful interventions
and developing training material. We look for Team and Family who
embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all studentscan getto and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in a high-growth environment; is comfortable with
ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Some travel required
- Mission Focus - focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all
students into college
- Record of Results - holds high expectations for self and others
to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Managing Others to Deliver Results - leads team to achieve
measurable and ambitious results
- Problem Solving - able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize
data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving
- Coaching & Developing - develops team through formal and
informal methods; makes professional development a top
- Communication - effectively conveys information using a variety
of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement - proactively identifies opportunities
to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years in student information systems
or similar role with a record of results
- Experience: 2+ years developing and delivering training
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business awareness with working knowledge of Student
- Ability to lead, motivate and coordinate with a diverse group
- Strong computer literacy, that includes an understanding of
Microsoft Office Suite (i.e Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong mathematical skills and the ability to understand and
interpret data (charts, graphs, etc.).
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving, adaptability and
- Can work independently with little direction.
- Can handle stress well to meet time sentitive deliverables.
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between
$47,657 and $56,235 , commensurate with relevant experience and
qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus
based on individual and organizational performance and goal
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , SIS Onboarding and Technical Trainer (21-22), Human Resources , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!