Registered Nurse (RN) - FT - Days - - Edinburg, Texas - Med Surg
Company: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) - FT - Days - - Edinburg, Texas
Position at DHR Health
--POSITION SUMMARY:The Hospital Supervisor assumes the role of
in-house administrator during assigned shifts, and as such, has
final authority regarding hospital policy and problem resolution.--
This position is responsible for the operations of the Hospital on
his/her shift, including patient care, personnel management, and
trouble-shooting/problem solving. This position is also responsible
for the distribution and utilization of available resources to
provide safe patient care based on hospital-wide assessment (i.e.,
evaluation of patient care needs/acuity, staff availability and
staff mix) in a quality and cost effective manner.-- In addition
with be responsible for developing, supporting, and initiating
special events and promotions within DHR. The types of promotions
range from contests and on-going initiatives and special events and
other employee recognition programs.----POSITION
- Current Texas state RN license. --
- Current Health Care Provider level CPR certification, ACLS.
- BSN preferred, MSN preferred
- Five years (5) recent clinical experience required in a HIGH
stress setting, three (3) years management experience preferred.
- Must be able to function in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated and verifiable competency in nursing management,
hospital operations and human resources.--JOB
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Serves as a resource/facilitator for patient care and assumes
responsibility for Patient Care Services/Nursing Administration
duties when other hospital and Department managers are not
- Assists in providing effective distribution and utilization of
personnel with particular emphasis on staffing for nursing
- Meets with patients, family members and other customers to
discuss concerns and unmet needs.-- Coordinates the response.
- Evaluates issues and identifies trends.--
- Communicates trends to hospital leadership and collaborates on
problem solving to address trended issues.
- Serves as the leader of the hospital safety plan in the absence
of hospital administrators and other leaders.-- Includes
coordinating the response to reported incidents including employee
- Manages the resolution of issues that arise during the course
of the shift.
- Executes decisions in the absence of the Hospital
Administrator.-- Determines need to contact Administrator on
- Makes rounds on the patient care units and is available as
needed for issues that benefit from management help and/or
- Serves as clinical and service resource, to ensure appropriate
patient placement, supervise clinical activities, maintain disaster
training skills, and to coordinate safe and appropriate patient
care between all departments and disciplines.
- Leads Motivational Committee by managing meetings and assigning
tasks and duties to committee members
- Develops supports and implements special events and promotions
- Assists with promotional and event activities, such as set-up,
posters, banners, etc.
- Manages, promotes and communicates event details and
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Keywords: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , Registered Nurse (RN) - FT - Days - - Edinburg, Texas - Med Surg, Healthcare , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!