Clinical Coordinator (RN ONLY)-FT-Various- CDU - CDU - Clinical Decision Unit
Company: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Clinical Coordinator (RN ONLY)-FT-Various- CDUMISSION
Our Mission is to improve the well-being of those we serve with a
commitment to excellence: every patient, every encounter, every
Our Vision is to create a world-class health system to advance
medicine and increase access for the communities we serve by
empowering caregivers to heal through compassion, knowledge,
innovation, integrated care and excellence.
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing
process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and
evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing
care for departmental specific patients based on established
clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates within department
and other professional disciplines to ensure effective and
efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired
patient outcomes. Supports the organization vision and mission.
Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the
provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality
nursing care through performance improvement techniques that
demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
* Licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse
* BSN preferred
* Professional certification highly preferred
* BLS certification required
* ACLS certification required.
* Charge Nurse experience
* Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas.
* Good written and verbal communication skills required.
* Ability to read, write and speak English required
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians
* Must have hospital experience
At least 3 years of clinical nursing experience with a broad
understanding of the patient care processes. Ability to utilize the
best nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but
not limited to administering treatments and medications,
interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care,
collaborating with other health care providers and providing
education to patients and/or significant others plus the capability
to assist department director with supervisory responsibilities
* Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practice
* Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with
the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Texas and ANA Standards of
Clinical Nursing Practice.
* Performs nursing care using sound judgment.
* Implements physician's orders in a safe and accurate manner.
* Assists with admitting, discharging and transferring
* Transcribes and implements new physician orders.
* Adapts to the needs of the unit by demonstrating
* Responsible for the care and cleanliness of equipment, supplies,
and work area.
* Maintain Texas Department of Health (TDH), Centers for Medicare &
Medicaid Services (CMS), and Joint Commission standards.
* Complete and update all employment requirements, including
Health.edu, Employee Health, and Departmental Competencies,
* Administers medication and therapies within the scope of safe
* Formulates, modifies and implements goal oriented patient care
plans according to facility policies.
* Assumes responsibility to report clinical limitations or the need
for assistance to the department director
* Abides by the rules and regulations set forth by the Board of
* Adheres to policies and procedures that guide and support the
provision of services
* Informs the Nursing Administration and direct supervisor of any
anticipated and/or actual issues/problems
* Performs service recovery and address any patient/family needs.
Escalate concerns as necessary.
* Maintains current with all new policies and procedures
* Provides direction to licensed and non-licensed staff in the
delivery of patient care.
* Anticipates potential problems, situations and intervenes to
offset any adverse impact.
* Assists with scheduling and staffing of the unit.
* Reviews staffing and prepares staff assignment
* Builds a positive work environment by guiding employees to
support the mission of the hospital, providing developmental
opportunities and encouraging teamwork.
* Ensures the distribution and delivery of equipment/supplies as
* Collaborates with other Charge Nurses to make decisions in
coordination with the department supervisor
* Collaborates with department director and helps with the everyday
operations of unit
* Performs other duties as assigned
Keywords: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , Clinical Coordinator (RN ONLY)-FT-Various- CDU - CDU - Clinical Decision Unit, Healthcare , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!