Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner
Company: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - FT - ICU Hospitalist
- Edinburg, Texas
Position at DHR Health
POSITION SUMMARY:The Critical Care Physician Assistant (CCPA) is a
member of the intensive care team and his/her primary
responsibility is the management of a caseload of critically ill
complex (multi-organ) patients in an intensive care setting. The
CCPA is under the direct supervision of the ICU supervising
physician or designated back-up physicians. The CCPA has
specialized skill and knowledge related to the unique ICU setting
in which s/he practices and performs physical exams, collects and
documents data, conducts approved diagnostic and therapeutic
procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and
professional consultations, prescribes appropriate interventions
and medications, and provides direct patient care services in a
specific ICU or step-down unit. The CCPA contributes to excellence
in patient care, research, teaching, consulting, and provides
leadership to the organization and to the Physician Assistant
- Physician Assistant Bachelors degree required;
- Master's prepared Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician
- Licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Texas
- National Commission on Certification of PAs (NCCPA)
certification is required.
- BLS, ACLS required.--
- Must demonstrate and maintain all credentialing and licensing
requirements of Doctors Hospital at Renaissance and The Texas
- Computer skills required with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Some evening or weekend work will be required
- Bilingual - English/Spanish.--JOB KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE--:
- Three (3) years as a Physician Assistant in a critical care
- Two (2) years Critical Care or Trauma/Emergency or Neuro
Critical Care experience required.
- Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission
effectiveness and business results is critical.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practices.
- Provide direct clinical services for critically ill neonates,
pediatric, and/or adult patients with multi-organ trauma or
multi-system disease / failure, according to established protocols
and utilizes evidence-based clinical practice standards under the
supervision of the ICU supervising physician.
- Obtain patient health histories and complete physical
examinations. Document findings noting pertinent normal and
- Order and interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory
tests. Explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated
effects of procedure (s) to patients, patient's family, staff, and
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based
upon patient's clinical status. Document patient preparation and
response to procedure(s).
- Formulate and implement treatment plan for acute illness
management in collaboration with the designated primary supervising
physician and/or attending back-up physician(s). Document in
medical records and appropriate narrative summaries. Utilize
prescriptive privileges as allowed by the Texas Board of Medical
Examiners. Document all prescriptions in patient's medical
- Assess patient for change in status and institute appropriate
interventions. Initiate necessary emergency interventions to
- Provide family-centered care by communicating with the family
regarding the changing health care needs of their infant, child, or
family member. Assess family adaptation, coping skills and the need
for crisis or other intervention. Utilize current research and
evidence-based decision- making in all clinical practice.
Incorporate clinical research findings in the development and
implementation of standards of care.
- Participate in and support accreditation, compliance, and
regulatory activities of the organization.
- Identify educational needs of the family and participate in
- Assess educational needs, plan, provide, and evaluate
educational programs for nursing staff, interdisciplinary
healthcare team, and community. Precept physician assistant
students and other new healthcare learners.
- Participate in the development, review, and evaluation of
critical care medical management practice protocols within legal
guidelines in compliance with DHR policies.
- Role model professionalism through conduct, appearance,
communication, mutual respect, leadership, ethical decision-making,
critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate responsibility for professional practice through
active participation in professional organizations and continuing
education. Enhance the body of knowledge to the Physician Assistant
profession or other areas of specialization through exchange of
ideas and knowledge in professional organizations, oral
presentations, posters, research activities, and written
- Other duties as assigned.Information on the position in case it
comes up while I'm out. 1.No preference between PA vs NP.
- Preferably with ICU experience BUT not excluded other
candidates with inhospital patient experience.
- Procedures: Central line MUST-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
--Other procedures can be learned during rotation with ICU
- There is absolute disposition 24/7 of ICU Board Certified MDs
working together with midlevels.----Schedule:
- 2 weeks x month
- 12 hour shifts
- Mostly days
- Mostly in Mission Hospital ICU
- BUT coverage in DHR main campus day/night will be
Keywords: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner , Healthcare , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!