Registered Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy - FT - Days - Edinburg, Texas - Endoscopy
Company: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy - FT - Days - Edinburg,
Position at DHR Health
POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for the delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning,
implementation, and evaluation.-- Responsible for directing and
coordinating all nursing care for departmental specific patients
based on established clinical nursing practice standards.--
Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes.---- Supports the organization vision
and mission.-- Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural
diversity into the provision of patient care.-- Contributes to the
provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement
techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required
- Current registered nurse's license in the State of Texas
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months of hire
- Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas.
- Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of
nursing, administration, and physicians
- Prefer hospital experience--JOB KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE--:Ability
to practice nursing as described by the following definition:--
"The diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or
potential health alternations."-- Ability to utilize the best
nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not
limited to administering treatments and medications, interpreting
diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with
other health care providers and providing education to patients
and/or significant others.-- The successful candidate will be
required to pass competencies for this position.--POSITION
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively
communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values
in developing services, standards and practice--
- Ensures that care is delivered to each patient in accordance
with the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Texas and ANA Standards
of Clinical Nursing Practice.
- Performs nursing care using sound judgment.
- Implements physician's orders in a safe and accurate
- Assists with admitting, discharging and transferring
- Transcribes and implements new physician orders.
- Adapts to the needs of the unit by demonstrating
- Maintains detailed and accurate records of nursing
- Participates in health/therapeutic counseling,
teaching/emotional support for patients and significant
- Makes rounds on assigned patients and prioritizes patient's
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for patients and
- Provides and receives reports in a status of patients at the
change of shifts.
- Administers medication and therapies within the scope of safe
- Formulates, modifies and implements goal oriented patient care
plans according to facility policies.
- Assumes responsibility to report clinical limitations or the
need for assistance to the supervisor.
- Abides by the rules and regulations set forth by the Board of
- Adheres to policies and procedures that guide and support the
provision of services.
- Informs the charge nurse of any anticipated and/or actual
- Maintains current with all new policies and procedures
- Provides direction to non licensed nursing staff in the
delivery of patient care. --
- Anticipates potential problems situations and intervenes to
offset any adverse impact.
- Contacts the organ procurement organization in order to satisfy
regulatory requirements for the determination of medical
suitability for organ, tissue and eye donation; completes
certificate of referral/request and places same in the medical
- Plans and coordinates time schedule with peers to provide
- Builds a positive work environment by guiding employees to
support the mission of the hospital, providing developmental
opportunities and encouraging teamwork.
- Ensures the distribution and delivery of equipment/supplies as
necessary.Performs other duties as assigned.----
Keywords: Doctors Hospital at Renaissance, Edinburg , Registered Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy - FT - Days - Edinburg, Texas - Endoscopy, Healthcare , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...