Elementary School Nurse Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District - Edinburg, TX
Company: Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District
Posted on: January 13, 2022
- JobID: 5427
Health Services Department/School Nurse
Open until filled
REPORTS TO: Principal; Director of Health Services APPLICATION
DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR: 187 Days DATE REVISED: 01/14/2016
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $48,927
Minimum $71,139 Maximum PAY GRADE: TCH
Implement comprehensive program of health services for campus.
Provide health services to students. Promote health education and
preventive health practices for students.
Graduate of an accredited professional nursing education
Current registered nurse licensed to practice professional nursing
in Texas from the State Board of Nursing
Certified by Texas Department of State Health Services to conduct
vision and hearing screening
Certified by the UTRGV Border Health Office to conduct the Texas
Risk Assessment for Type 2 diabetes
Knowledge of health appraisal to identify student health
CPR, First Aid and clinical nursing skills for acute and chronic
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to implement policies and procedures
Knowledge of community medical, health care services, and referral
Two years nursing experience recommended
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide temporary and emergency care for sick and injured
students or staff according to district policy and
- Serve as health advocate for students.
- Notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care
for students in emergency cases (if parents or
emergency contact cannot be reached).
- Coordinate management system to administer medications to
students at school. Administer medications according to district
policy and procedures.
Perform screening procedures as required by Texas Department of
State Health Services, Texas Education Agency, and district
Make referrals as necessary.
Develop individual health plans and emergency care plans for
students whose health care needs warrant necessary coordination and
- Develop and coordinate continuing evaluation of campus health
program and make changes based on findings.
Participate in campus health and
wellness education and provide health education to individuals and
- Provide health counseling and instruction to individual
- Provide relevant assessment, counseling, and guidance, serving
as a resource to staff and assisting them with accessing and
effectively utilizing community resources for health.
- Serve as health liaison between school, physicians, parents,
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working
with students, teachers, parents, and medical health care
professionals as needed.
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee,
crisis team, and school committees.
- Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child
- Make home visits to help with student health problems as
necessary with permission of principal.
- Communicate regularly with principal and Director of Health
Services regarding health service issues.
- Review and evaluate immunization records.
- Enforce procedures to ensure proper program administration
according to district policy.
- Supervise and train School Nurse Assistants, LVN's and Nurse
Aide(s) in clinic procedures and responsibilities according to
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
documents required, including clinic records and
accurate updated health records on all students.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic
Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas
Department of State Health Services, State Board of Education,
board policy in health services area and the Texas Board of
Serve as the campus AED coordinator by performing routine AED
maintenance, coordinate the campus AED response plan and serve as a
- Report potential health and safety hazards to principal.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and
Be proficient and document all
applicable student health visits and information in an electronic
health software application.
- Maintain certification in CPR and AED.
- Maintain health, screener status for vision, hearing, spinal
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and
Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself
and/or to others.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Direct the work of assigned nurse
aide(s); Direct the work of License Vocational Nurse(s)
Thermometer, blood pressure cuff,
audiometer, otoscope, oxygen cylinder, automated external
defibrillator (AED), pulse oxymeter, sphygmomanometer, vision
screening equipment, thermos can, basic clinic equipment, personal
computer, copier, scanner and fax.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; exposure to bacteria and
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required.
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability,
military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Keywords: Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District, Edinburg , Elementary School Nurse Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District - Edinburg, TX, Healthcare , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!