Regional Vice President of Operations - Rio Grande Valley (2
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Regional Vice President of Operations - Rio Grande Valley
(21-22) At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and
we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from
college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now
serve-- over 65,000 --students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on
the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth
in our current regions an d new launches in --Tampa Bay , FL
--(2021) ,-- and-- Jacksonville, FL (2022) ! When you choose to
work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will
work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every
day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work
relentlessly to make college for all a reality. To learn more about
IDEA, check out this video . About the Rio Grande Valley: Since
2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students
in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free,
public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande
Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr
and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children
academically and holistically.-- RGV is home to a population of
just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly
benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17
students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true
as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have
graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.--
Role Mission:--The--Regional Vice President of Operations
(RVPO)--is responsible for--operational success of every school in
their region. In this capacity,--the--RVPO--works with the Regional
Superintendent to set the region's vision for operations and
executes upon said vision by leading all operations leaders in the
implementation of large-scale initiatives,--management of progress
toward goals, and--the--launch of new schools. The RVPO directly
manages the Regional Directors of Operations (RDOs) and directly or
indirectly (matrix) manages regional leads for operations
functional departments. The RVPO ensures that RDOs lead campus
Assistant Principals of Operations (APOs) to success through
ongoing coaching and development and in-depth monitoring of
regional performance metrics, along with enhancing collaboration
and coordination among all regional operations and instructional
teams. The RVPO ensures all regional operational goals are
achieved, with a particular emphasis on ADA & compliance,
Recruitment & Enrollment, Beginning of Year (BOY) planning, New
Student Persistence, Staff Retention, Safety & Security, Financial
Stewardship, and Land Acquisition.-- Accountabilities:
- 85% RDO, APO, and campus operations staff retention
- Responsible for ensuring top performers occupy every seat
across all operations roles in the region.
- Leads the hiring, onboarding, and coaching & development of top
performing RDOs; engages in the selection and hiring process for
APOs and regional functional leaders.
- Participates in all RDO and APO interviews in the region.
- Builds the leadership and management capacity of RDOs, APOs,
and regional functional leaders through in-field observations and
targeted coaching; utilizes the School Leadership Levers (SLLs) as
a tool to coach RDOs and APOs to proficiency in core skills.
- Collaborates with campus principals and RDOs to effectively
coach APOs to successful achievement of campus operations
- 100% of schools in region meeting XX, XXX projected enrollment
- Sets the vision for region-wide recruitment and enrollment
efforts and invests all stakeholders in fulfilling set vision (i.e.
VPs of Schools, campus principals, school counselors, APOs,
- Partners with RDOs to determine applicant targets for each
campus and approves adjustments to enrollment contracts based on
trends and year-over-year (YOY) persistence data.
- Manages RDOs and regional Enrollment manager in the development
and execution of regional student recruitment efforts that target
families with school-aged children immediately surrounding each
- Complies with all federal, state, and organizational student
registration requirements throughout the enrollment process (i.e.
transfers, testing, etc.). 97.5% Average Daily Attendance (ADA) in
Academy and College Prep with XX% increase for lowest 10% of
- Sets the regional vision for attendance at BOY to ensure all
families are invested in the importance of bringing students to
- Partners with Director of SIS and Regional SIS Manager to coach
RDOs, APOs, and SIS/Registrars on the implementation of
standardized accountability frameworks to ensure adherence to the
outlined ADA policy at each school (i.e. escalation matrix,
official attendance taking time, etc.).
- Works with RDOs and VPs of Schools to train and coach
instructional leaders on expectations for campus ADA
- Problem Solves and collaborates with RDOs and VPs of Schools to
implement intervention strategies to improve performance at lowest
10% of schools; performs in-field observations at campuses to
provide feedback to campus leaders on implementation of
- Holds RDOs accountable to comply with all federal and state ADA
guidelines and stays abreast of changes in ADA policy and
- 90% Regional New Student Persistence YOY through LDOP (last day
of persistence) with XX% increase for lowest 10% of schools.
- Ensures the national vision for new family onboarding is
executed a high level of quality within the region.
- Partners with the Student Performance and Advocacy team and
RDOs to ensure all stakeholders are trained in and execute upon
their specific role within new family onboarding process.
- Manages RDOs to hold APOs and campus principals accountable for
100% of new families being onboarded two weeks before first day of
- Works with RDOs to coach APOs at lowest performing schools to
effectively partner with School Counselors in developing and
implementing school-based student persistence strategies.
- Collaborates with RDOs and VPs of Schools to analyze
persistence trends and problem solves around intervention
strategies to positively impact persistence at specific campuses of
- 100% of Regional Functional Leaders meet 85% of their annual
goals through targeted coaching and development, resource
allocation, and the tools they need to be successful.
- Coaches and develops regional functional leaders around
specific strategies and tactics that will improve goal performance
and leadership capacity.
- Celebrates successes and problem solves alongside regional
functional leaders to close gaps in their specific functional
- Executes on in-the-field observations alongside regional
functional leaders and provides on-the-spot coaching and
- Leverages partnerships with national functional leaders for
strategies, best practices, resource allocation, and materials that
will improve goal attainment.
- Collaborates with Regional Leadership and National Operations
team to champion regional events and identify needs or resources
that will support goal attainment at the regional level.
- 100% of campuses are safe and operational one week before
- Ensures that every school in the region is operations ready
with a strong leader and strong systems and processes in
- Manages and coaches RDOs to ensure that APOs provide
high-quality training to all regional and campus staff that will
ensure a successful BOY; performs in-field observations during
training and provides targeted feedback and coaching to campus
- Analyzes BOY survey and scorecard data with RDOs to identify
trends and leads efforts to improve subsequent BOY experiences for
families and staff.
- Works with local brokers to identify sites for new potential
IDEA schools in line with budget parameters, land specifications,
and regional growth plans; with land under contract by November
- Lives IDEA's values
- Believes and is committed to our mission---and being an agent
of change: that all students---are capable of getting---to and
- Has demonstrated effective---outcomes and results, and wants to
be held accountable for them---
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve---quickly---
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change---
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization---
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships---in order to---achieve outcomes---
- We believe in education as---a profession---and hold ourselves
to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models
for our colleagues and students--- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct management of RDOs; direct or matrixed (indirect)
management of regional functional leads, including the Regional
Manager of Facilities, Regional Manager of Transportation, Regional
Registered Nurse, etc.
- Reports to the Regional Superintendent Qualifications:--
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree in
applicable field preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years of professional experience required,
including 5+ years of people management and team leadership
- Experience in public education, especially charter schools,
preferred. Knowledge and Skills:--
- Sets the vision and leading work across multiple departments
within a region.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills
with large groups as well as with individuals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and
- Persuasiveness and perseverance in attaining goals.
- Ability to work independently and--with others, and--to
exercise good judgment in high-stakes circumstances.
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on new tasks as the
responsibilities of the position evolve.---
- Demonstrated experience with effective adult learning,
facilitation, and training. Compensation:
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between
$114,473 and $144,236 , commensurate with relevant experience and
qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus
based on individual and organizational performance and goal
attainment.-- IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in
admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs
and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000. You have been redirected to a
IDEA Public Schools job page
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Regional Vice President of Operations - Rio Grande Valley (2, Executive , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!