Network and Voice Manager (21-22)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout
for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our
current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and
Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of
college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate
college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA
alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges
and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The role of the Network & Voice manager is to provide
secure, robust, and reliable infrastructure with the highest level
of customer service deliverable that allows key stakeholders to
enrich our student's educational experience for a successful
transition into college and citizenship.
Design, Implement and enforce security policies, standards, and
configurations to ensure 100% BoY (beginning of year) deliverables
by FDoS (first day of school) for new campuses
- Network topology for all new campuses is designed and
- Network bill of materials created for all new campuses is
- Work internally with other departments to provide needed
services necessary to assist
- Regularly evaluate and manage resources needed to balance the
changing needs and deliver a successful beginning of year.
- Work with third party vendors to provide needed services two
weeks prior to the beginning of the school year Monitor network
performance, troubleshoot problems, and outages to maintain 99.5%
uptime for the year
- Leads design, execution, and support of network and server
infrastructure for Headquarters and Campuses across all of IDEA
with an ensured availability
- Develops strategy for cost-effective scaling of infrastructure
in alignment with IDEA's growth plan.
- Minimizes outages through proactive design and redundancy
- Ensuring all applications are monitored and steps are taken
proactively for issue prevention rather than issue resolution
- Continuously identifying problems in the existing systems and
upgrade them with the new and more efficient ones Overseeing
security of all network systems to ensure 0 preventable security
incidents are created for the year
- Designs specifications for establishing security in all
networks and protecting any vulnerable system, server, or
- Oversees compliance on all network infrastructure
- Ensures CIPA, COPPA, and FERPA guidelines and regulations are
met district wide 85% Employee Retention
- Develop trust and leverage influence of team to drive strong
results. We look for Team and Family who embody the
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in IT
- Minimum 2+ years of leadership or lead role in IT
- License or Certification
- Ability to obtain or have obtained a senior level certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient knowledge in network topology, wireless networks,
Switches, Routers, VPN, firewall technologies.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using operational security
tools; anti-virus software, intrusion detection, intrusion
prevention, vulnerability scanners, content filtering, cloud
security, data center security.
- Proficient experience designing secure networks, systems, data
centers, and application architectures.
- Proficient knowledge with basic protocols and tools
- Professional experience in an IT role supporting multiple
platforms and applications
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work under varying degrees of pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend
work as needed
- Experience gathering both internal and client-facing
documentation and diagrams
- Salaries for people entering this role typically fall between
$73,955 and $90,225 , commensurate with relevant experience and
qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus
based on individual and organizational performance and goal
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Network and Voice Manager (21-22), Executive , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!