Procurement Project Manager (21-22)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout
for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our
current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and
Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
Role: The Procurement Project Manager will be responsible for the
planning, execution, monitoring, training and support, and closure
of projects specific to the Procurement Team. This Project Manager
will play a key role in the day-to-day oversight of campus-based
functions related to enterprise level procurement, including, but
not limited to furniture, instructional materials (including
textbooks), school start-up kits , and student uniforms.
The Procurement Project Manager will be responsible for managing
and maintaining relationships with key vendor partners as well as
other members of IDEA's Operations and Program, and campus-facing
Business Clerks. The Procurement Project Manager will ensure that
projects are completed on schedule and hold internal and external
stakeholders accountable to meeting deadlines.
Project Delivery: Ensure that all Procurement p rojects are
developed, documented, managed, updated, and communicated.
- Project Planning - Develop a comprehensive end-to-end project
plan for each stream of procurement that the department
- Project Management - Learn, use, and update the Project
Management platform on an on-going basis to ensure clarity of
status for all stakeholders
- Tracking and Monitoring - Increase the visibility and status of
all orders for both internal and external partners .
- Communicatio n - Leverage existing and develop new operating
mechanism to ensure that key stakeholders have information
communicated to the m in a consistent and timely manner.
Beginning of Year ( BoY ) Delivery : 100% of furniture, textbooks
and instructional materials, and school start-up kits are
delivered, installed, and ready for use two week s before the First
Day of School.
- 100% of schools have the appropriate furniture order ed ,
installed, delivered, and set-up according to ideal classroom
configurations two weeks before the first day of school.
- 100% of schools have the textbooks and instructional materials
delivered to the correct instructional staff in the correct
classrooms two weeks before the first day of school.
- 100% of launching schools have their operational start-up kits
delivered and ready two weeks before the first day of school.
- 100% of launching school front offices have the technology,
systems, and supplies to ensure delivery of high-quality customer
service. Customer Service : Provide excellent customer service to
both internal and external stakeholders throughout the centralized
- Develop and implement training for campus-based staff on the
centralized procurement process from forecasting and ordering
through delivery, setup, and warranty phases.
- Serve as the primary point of contact f or campuses on the
day-to-day tactical execution of the process .
- Engage vendors during the procurement process to answer
questions, provide documentation, status updates, and deadlines to
ensure a smooth and efficient procurement process.
- Gather feedback from internal stakeholders throughout the
process to support recap sessions between IDEA and vendors at the
end of the procurement season.
Creating Efficiency : Collaborate with other departments within
Operations to determine opportunities to grow the scope of the
- Focusing on Auxiliary Services, de velop a comprehensive list
of supplies, materials, and vendors used by multiple departments to
better leverage purchasing power.
- Identify opportunities within Operations that the Procurement
Team can more effectively manage and execute upon thereby allowing
other departments to focus on their core work.
- Working with the Logistics Department, identify an approach to
more effectively and reallocate existing resources on campuses to
- Assist in vision setting and articulation of the Procurement
Department goals for the broader organization.
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Cross-functional Project Management and Change Management
- Vendor Management
- Mission Focus - focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all
students into college
- Record of Results - holds high expectations for self and others
to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving - able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize
data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving
- Communication - effectively conveys information using a variety
of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement - proactively identifies opportunities
to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university , with a
background in liberal arts or business preferred .
- CAPM required, PMP preferred
- 5 - 10 years of formal work experience with at least 3 to 5
years of project management e xperience in a medium to large
organization . Formal experience in lean project management
- Knowledge and Skills
- Project management acumen in both theory and day-to-day
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and balance multiple long-term projects
while prioritizing daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- High familiarity with Microsoft 365 , particularly with Excel
- Strong vendor management
- Strong analytical and problem - solving ability
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $
and $, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on
individual and organizational goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Procurement Project Manager (21-22), Executive , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!