2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic
Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: January 24, 2023
We are looking for a high energy Tech - 2nd Shift to join the
team at our Hauling location inEdinburg, TX. Previous waste
experience would be a huge plus! 2ND SHIFT Hours are 12:00pm
to11:00pm Monday through Friday with every other Saturdays from
9:30am to 4:00PMDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance
software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting
parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver
Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with
corporate and OSHA standards
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as
needed. 45 hours a week average.WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to
repair trucks on the road. Usually, well-lighted and ventilated.
Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to
handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic
safety precautions.MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum1 year of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools.We offer excellent benefits
including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long
term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.Waste Connections
is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Waste Connections, Edinburg , 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!