Principal - IDEA Edinburg College Prep (21-22)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout
for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our
current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and
Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150
students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of
tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the
Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron,
Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to
support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents.
Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of
college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate
college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA
alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges
and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we
prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over
38,000 students in 2022.
IDEA Principals are instructional leaders who coach and develop
teachers and lead team members at their school to achieve ambitious
goals with students. Principals are focused on excellence and
continuous improvement and expect and support these values in their
staff and students. Principals lead their schools to do whatever it
takes so that IDEA's mission of College for All Children becomes
Student Achievement metrics:
- 90% at Level II/30% at Level III on STAAR/EOC exams.
- Junior Class ACT Average Score of 21
- 90% of Pre-K-2nd students are on/above grade level in reading,
language, and math DI (all campuses).
- 85% of 1st-2nd students are on/above grade level in reading,
language, and math Direct Instruction (Year 2+ campuses)
- 70% of 1st-2nd students are on/above grade level in reading,
language, and math Direct Instruction (Year 1+ campuses)
- 100% of IDEA seniors are accepted and matriculate to college in
the fall after their senior year
- Develop and maintain a culture in which all students are
expected to go to and graduate from college
- Communicate these expectations to all students, families, and
other key stakeholders regularly and ensure targeted follow-up with
all seniors until they officially matriculate
- Ensure that 50% of IDEA seniors are accepted to Tier I/II
colleges or universities
- 25% of IDEA alumni graduate from college in 4 years; 55% of
IDEA alumni graduate from college in 6 years
- Develop and support a culture in which all students are
expected to go to and graduate from college
- Engage IDEA alumni throughout their college career, but
particularly in their first two years in college to ensure they
remain enrolled, persist fall to spring, and remain enrolled in
Student Growth metrics:
- 100% of schools will achieve Index 2 scores of 60 for Academies
and 50 for College Preps for STAAR/EOC.
- 50% of all students in CSI Literacy Intervention grow two or
more years in Reading and Math.
- School attains 97.5% Average Daily Attendance.
- 90% of students persist within the IDEA system year-to-year, no
- 100% of campuses meet enrollment target by close of business
Friday of first week of school.
- Manage healthy adult and student school culture, resulting in
positive organizational health results, employee retention, student
persistence, and family feedback (assessed informally).
- Develop school leadership team members into transformational
individuals who can lead their campus
Staff Retention metrics:
- All staff retention goal of 85%
- Teacher retention goal of 85%
- Meet staff hiring goals and timelines
- Ensure high-quality talent review process at least twice per
year for teachers and for leaders
- Meet organizational health metric as measured by "Great Places
Talent Development metrics:
- 100% of Principal-in-residence will meet ILP Development Goals
- Measure Teacher development, aligned to the GET rubric, and
show growth for 100% of teachers.
- Utilize the Talent Review process to develop school talent
- Engage in 100% of the three rounds of Staff Development Cycle
for each staff member
Organization Improvement metrics:
- Successfully leverage key relationships in 100% of functional
areas, to ask for feedback and provide guidance for both campus and
- Coordinate, develop and provide feedback with the following
- Human Assets Team: Regional Directors of Instructional
Coaching, Directors of Leader Development, Regional Directors of
Staffing, Talent Partners and Talent Recruiters
- Program Team: both internal (e.g. curriculum team, curriculum
managers, Individualized Learning Managers) and external (e.g.
- Operations Team: Regional Directors of Operations
- College Success and Alumni Success Team
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of
change: that all students are capable of getting to and through
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be
held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: Must have a proven track record of personally
achieving success and of leading others
- 3+ years of K - 12 teaching experience
- 3+ years of leading a school to dramatic gains in a challenging
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $95,000 and
$118,750, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on
individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Principal - IDEA Edinburg College Prep (21-22), Education / Teaching , Edinburg, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!