Accounting Clerk, Leases (Immediate Opening)
Company: Idea Public Schools
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position at IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from
college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years thats
8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEAs co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA
will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools
opening near youwith continued growth in our current regions and
new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans,
Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The mission of the Accounting Clerk is to ensure
proper financial reporting and compliance with US Generally
Accepted Accounting Principles for non-profit organizations as well
as State and Federal guidelines as these relate to fixed asset
Serve as a consultant to IDEA employees for guidance relating to
- Keep current on new and upcoming standards.
- Attend trainings provided by AICPA, TSCPA, TASBO, TEA and
- Provide training to campus staff (Business Clerks) related to
operating leases process.
- Assist in creation of operating lease procedure manual.
Drive strategies to complete the month end close process for
operating and capital leases and miscellaneous items by the dates
outlined in the Month End Close Processing Checklist.
- Drive strategies to prepare and post recurring journal
- Review operating lease accounts for accuracy.
- Investigate and correct invoices and/or transaction coded
- Drive strategies to reconcile accounts related to:
- Operating Leases
- Capital Leases
- Accrued Expenses
- Other Receivables
- Review related Statement of Activity accounts to determine
reasonableness of amounts, detect potential errors and analyze
- Reconcile general ledger to LeaseCalcs software on a monthly
- Investigate and correct any variances identified.
Assist Fixed Asset Accountant in driving strategies to track
construction is progress.
- Collect key project information from the general ledger for
bond reimbursement requests.
- Ensure project costs are assigned correctly.
Record journal entry requests (via Zendesk) within two business
- Verify requestor has submitted sufficient backup documentation
for the journal entry request.
- Verify is legitimate and allowable.
- Communicate with PCARD administrators regarding PCARD violation
Live values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are
capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held
accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve quickly.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEAs core values
- Education: Associates degree in accounting required; Bachelors
- Experience: 1-3 years of accounting or related fixed assets
- Licenses or Certifications (if applicable): None
Knowledge And Skills
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Non-profit accounting and auditing principles established by
the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) for Not-for-Profit
- The Texas Education Agency Financial Accountability System
Resource Guide to financial accounting and reporting for nonprofit
- Computerized accounting systems
- Analyze and interpret financial data
- Evaluate accounting problems, develop data, and recommend
- Use personal computer and software to develop complex
accounting reports, spreadsheets, and databases
- Work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Salaries for people entering this role typically start between
$17.44/hour and $21.80/hour, commensurate with relevant
qualifications and experience.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.by Jobble
Keywords: Idea Public Schools, Edinburg , Accounting Clerk, Leases (Immediate Opening), Accounting, Auditing , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!