Financial Planning Intern (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout
for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our
current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and
Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
Role Mission: The Business Office strives to support the leadership
at IDEA as we work together to meet and exceed our ambitious
financial and student achievement goals.The Financial Planning &
Analysis Intern will support the Financial Planning & Analysis Team
members to support in meeting shared goals within the Business
Office, HQ, Regional and Schools Team.
1. Uploada balanced budget by the start of the new fiscal year.
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis team members during the
annual planning and budgeting process.
- Support in reviewing detailed budgets and ensuring line item
detail is appropriately coded Measurable Goal: Upload a board
approved budget by July 1, 2021 across all entities and have 100%
detail for each organization for operating, staffing and summer
school discretionary allocations in the Annual Planning and
2. Provide high qualitycustomer servicesatisfactionandfinancial
- Responsible fordirectingandcompletingZendeskticketsin
atimelyand effective manner
- Contributing to improving customer satisfactionratesamong all
financial partnersand regions Measurable Goals: 95% Zendesk
Customer service by the end of the fiscal year by region with no
more than 5% breached Tickets. 85% Financial Planning Team and
Business Clerk Retention.
3. Meettheoperating income targets across all eight (8) entities
- Reviewandapprovebudget transfersrequestssubmitted
- Createrequestedaccount stringsin alignment with local
nomenclature andFinancial Accountability System Resource Guide
- ManageandsubmitFinancial PlanningTeam members'expense claims,
reimbursements and per diemsin Concur.
- Support in organizing and pulling grant or recurring fund
application materials supporting documentation Measurable Goals:
Achieve the operating income target by the end of the fiscal year.
80% of organizations end the year on discretionary target or with a
4. Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are
capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held
accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
- Mission Focus - focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all
students into college
- Record of Results - holds high expectations for self and others
to achieve and surpass intendedgoals
- Problem Solving - able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize
data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving
- Communication - effectively conveys information using a variety
of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement - proactively identifies opportunities
to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide
- Customer Focus-demonstrate a concern for the needs and
expectations of customers and make them a high priorityin a
timelyand effective manner
- Team Player -Establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships withall Team and Family members
- Education:HS diploma or GED
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate degree Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to utilize Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Proficient Excel Skills and Data analysis ex.Sumifs, Pivots,
- Ability to communicate effectively communicate financial
- Hold ethics and values of data integrity to high standards
- Act when answers to a problem are not readily apparent
- Perform effectively in environments with frequent workload
changesand competing demandsCompensation:
Salaries for this role fall at $10/hour.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Edinburg , Financial Planning Intern (Immediate Opening), Accounting, Auditing , Weslaco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!